Saturday, 13 June 2015

Beauty Related Things I Suck At

Firstly I want to say that I am well aware of the fact that I am the worst person ever to keep my blog updated. I even wrote half of this post months ago, just never got around to finish it before now. Wish I had a good excuse to why I haven’t posted in such a long time, but I don’t.

When thinking about what to post and try to get to think of beauty related post I started to realize how many (beauty) things I am doing “wrong”. I therefore thought it would be fun to write about my bad beauty habits and hopefully I am not the only beauty blogger who isn’t doing everything correct.


Eyebrows
Please tell me I am not the only one who just doesn’t bother with my eyebrows? I know that right now your eyebrows is a very talked about subject when it comes to makeup and there is such a hype about having good eyebrows, but I just can’t figure out how to do it right. I pluck them, yeah, but that’s it. I think they look someway decent (maybe sometimes a bit too over plucked sometimes ops!) but I really wish I were good at filling them in. I have tried a couple of times, but I really think it looks weird on me and too filled in so I just don’t do it. I know that it makes a lot of practice, but I don’t think I will ever like my brows filled in. Not unless I have a professional to do it for me. I think that’s my one beauty area where I have just given up.  Part of me want to grow them out and then get them threaded in the right shape, but I’ve heard a lot of people say it is very painful and I am just not good with pain, so don’t think I’ll take the chance anytime soon.

Washing my brushes

Ugh. I love using different brushes, but I wash them way too rarely. I just find it such a hard (more like boring) task so I just wait until they’re too dirty for me to use. It’s really not good for my skin, but can’t help my laziness.  


Cutting off split ends
Hair care is an important thing for me. I use oil (Moroccan Oil love it) whenever I have been washing my hair, so product-wise I am keeping my hair very healthy. It is more the part of getting my hair cut and getting rid of my split ends, that I really suck at. Going to the hairdressers for me sound as terrifying as going to the dentist.  Of course I love the whole get your hair pretty and styled”-part, but the part where I am coming home with shorter hairno thank you. I don’t think I have been to the hairdressers in over a year. (It’s bad I know.) Everybody says the only way to healthy hair is to get your hair cut every three months. I just hate it. The hairdresser never understands how I want my hair and they always cut way too much of! I know that it’s “just hair and it’ll grow out again, but I just know I am going to regret it! That being said I am very tempted to cut a lot of my hair off and get a “just above my nipples bob. Maybe I’ll do it. Maybe I’ll just get my splits tamed and keep my long hair for a while.

Eyeliner
Despite the fact that I love a make up look with eyeliner, especially winged eyeliner, I rarely wear it. Why? Because I simply suck at applying eyeliner. The times where I have been wearing winged liner (and it actually looked really great) I got my friend to do it for me. Whenever we are getting ready together I always force her to do my eyeliner of me. I just can’t get both my eyes even when I do it. And I know that your eyeliner does not have to be 100% even to be pretty (like your eyebrows), but mine are just really uneven. Like one eye can look like perfection and the other one can look like a 7-year-old did it.

False eyelashes
Actually I dont know if I suck at wearing false eyelashes because I have never tried it. Yes, I have never (!!) ever tried false eyelashes. Not because I am against it or doesnt find it pretty I just think its terrifying. I dont like the idea of applying glue to my eyelids and then putting false eyelashes on them! Just dont get it.

Wow, this post turned out a bit longer than I thought. Oh well. Apparently there a more than a few beauty things I am no good at.
What are some of your bad beauty habits? Let me know in the comments J

Love, Charlie

Bloglovin | Twitter | Google +

xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great post! Mine's definitely lipliner application.

    Lovely blog <3

    Katie Loves ~ Fashion Blog | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, yess I hate getting my hair chopped too, you can see how scissor happy they are when they see your long hair lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© A Place for Charlie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig